Is base-config really dead? Knocks from inside the coffin lid.

(Further correspondence from Clytie, buried (sic) in the Installation manual, currently the boot-new file.)

I noted on the Đ-I translation summary page that base-config is supposed to be dead.

However, I've just encountered this string in boot-new (Installation manual):

____
After booting, you will be prompted to complete the configuration of your basic system, and then to select what additional packages you wish to install. The application which guides you through this process is called <classname>base-config</classname>
____

I thought I'd better check this.

My guess would be that the separate translation file is redundant, because it's been integrated into the overall Đ-I Level 1 file, while the application survives ... but I'm not entirely sure, so it's better to check with Those Who Know. ;)

Sorry for all these questions: I'm learning as I go (as always).