Re: Work on a centralized infrastructure for i18n/l10n

On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 03:25:20AM +0900, JC Helary wrote:

> I am saying that by working with a defined and open industry standard
> (oasis is the same place that accepted OD as an office applications
> format) you will have better options to manage the system in the long
> run and include translators who do not come from the gettext/po world.
>
> po is not a defined standard.

Well, it could become a standard, if it is not already one.
I believe that gettext is in the Linux Standards Base standard,
which is an ISO standard by now. Then about the po format, I believe it
would be a natural extension to include this in LSB.

Best regards
keld