Re: D-I Manual -- Status update + call to update translations

On 22/12/2005, at 6:28 AM, Frans Pop wrote:

On Wednesday 21 December 2005 07:44, Clytie Siddall wrote:
How does one go about beginning a translation of the manual?

You don't have to begin... there already is a tl translation (well, at
least a start of one).

Um, as my sig. says, I'm a Vietnamese translator. I don't think you have a Vietnamese translation yet. :S Big job.

I haven't translated any Debian docs before. I don't know how much I
can do: are some parts finished better than none?

Start by reading documentation linked from [1]. I also suggest you contact
current tl translator: Eric Pareja (xenos @ upm.edu.ph).

Thanks for the doc link, Frans. I'll certainly do that. I won't confuse Eric by trying to join his team, though. ;)

[1] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/