Re: [D-I] Etch Debian Installer beta 1 released: i18n facts

On 21/12/2005, at 6:28 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:

Vietnamese is not mentioned in the official announcement because
2nd stage is completely unreadable due to a localechooser bug
which was discovered too late. It is "supported", though.

What does this mean for users? Has the bug been fixed? Is a working
Vietnamese installer? Will Vietnamese be announced with the full
release?

It means that using the Etch installer beta1 release will lead to a
2nd stage of the setup (user creation, task selection) that is not
easy to use..:-)

:(

This also means that this issue will be over in beta2...:-)

:)

I've noticed that D-I files completely translated into my language
many months ago are STILL listed as "missing". What do we have to do
to get them logged?

Which ones?

pppconfig, dpkg and apt.

I know I've submitted all of those. It's frustrating to do the work, and not see the result. It's worrying, when the files are so important to system function.