Re: i18n work session in Extremadura, Spain, September 2006

Il giorno mar, 20/12/2005 alle 17.20 -0300, Margarita Manterola ha
scritto:
> Regarding the planned i18n work session in Extremadura, Spain, September
> 2006:
>
> > So, at first, I would like to know whether you could attend such
> > meeting and if you feel you have some role to play in it.
>
> I've already mailed Christian privately about this, but I'd like to
> publicly state that I'm very much interested in participating in this
> meeting, but I fear I might not be able to, due to monetary reasons (plane
> tickets from Argentina are quite expensive).
>
> > Could you give me in a few lines why you have some interest to come
> > and which areas you would be interested to work on?
>
> I've worked with the DDTP project and I'm very much interested in reviving
> it.  Also, since the times of the DDTP, I've always dreamed of a web
> interface that makes translations easy.

There is a project on alioth for ddtp to revive all the project. I need
to take a look at it as it's a long time I do not take time for this
project. The best thing about ddtp was how it worked, I mean the email
interface. This was also quite easely interfaced with the ddtc client
program. What need to be improved is:
- reliability of the server
- UI of the client

Bye
Stefano

--
Stefano Canepa aka sc: sc@linux.it  http://www.stefanocanepa.it
Three great virtues of a programmer: laziness, impatience and hubris.