Re: D-I Manual -- Status update + call to update translations

On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 05:14:37PM +1030, Clytie Siddall wrote:

> I haven't translated the manual before. Is the translation file
> available in both XML and PO format? Or are there different pieces of
> the manual?

http://people.debian.org/~seppy/d-i/manual/POT/

As you can see on the above url, manual consists of several chapters.
XML version can be retreived from debian-installer subversion
repository.

> How does one go about beginning a translation of the manual? I
> haven't translated any Debian docs before. I don't know how much I
> can do: are some parts finished better than none?

Files appear in the manual in the following order:

bookinfo, preface, welcome, hardware, preparing, install-methods,
boot-installer, using-d-i, boot-new, post-install

installation-howto, preseed, partitioning, random-bits, administrivia,
gpl

The chapters dealing with hardware are a bit more complicated, because
they could mention weird names, acronyms, etc.
IMO I would start with bookinfo, preface, welcome, installation-howto
and then slowly the rest.

--
Miroslav Kure