Re: [D-I] Etch Debian Installer beta 1 released: i18n facts

I know I'm catching this mail late, so I hope the situation has been resolved.

On 13/11/2005, at 6:28 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:

-We now officially support 51 languages including English, plus 3
 languages which we support only in the alpha "graphical" installer

 Vietnamese is not mentioned in the official announcement because
 2nd stage is completely unreadable due to a localechooser bug
 which was discovered too late. It is "supported", though.

What does this mean for users? Has the bug been fixed? Is a working Vietnamese installer? Will Vietnamese be announced with the full release?

There's been a lot of interest in this installer, in our community, and I know people are looking to see it announced and working. :S

Erdal later said:

I was looking at the status page for level 2 Kurdish, which showed all the files as "missing", though a lot of the strings are translated.

I've noticed that D-I files completely translated into my language many months ago are STILL listed as "missing". What do we have to do to get them logged?