Re: Should NAME be translated in localized man pages?

Christian Perrier wrote:

Many translated man pages indeed have translated the "NAME" section name...which confuses lexgrog.

So, is this correct or are these man pages wrong?

I guess the same stands for DESCRIPTION, SYNOPSIS, SEE ALSO, etc.

I suppose that we agree that the user should be shown translated versions, and that the question is if the translation of the section names should be done in the files or by the viewer.

I think it will give fewer complications to have the translations in the files.

 - We risk inconsistent translations (but Linda can help us
   with that)

 + We don't have to add partial gettextification to all the
   man-page viewers.

Jacob
--
»Tre kan holde på en hemmelighed - hvis to af dem er døde.«