Re: comments/string changes and issues with dpkg's messages

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 17:17 +0200, Martin Quinson wrote:

> <<<<<<<<<<
> An internal error occured in dpkg. Please report the issue to the debian
> BTS if you can, alongside with any relevant information such as what you did
> to reach this error and the detail of the issue indicated below. If you know
> how to reproduce the issue, please make sure to indicate it in your report.
> More information about reporting bugs against dpkg:
> http://www.dpkg.org/how_to_report
>
> Detail of the problem:
> Cannot stat /var/lib/dpkg/status

I hate these kinds of errors; it suggests that you've found a bug in
dpkg -- when most likely you've just forgotten to mount /var or
something.

We won't be seeing anything like that while I'm maintainer.

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?