Re: Requesting some room to install pootle.debian.org

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 12:37:11PM +0200, Denis Lackovic wrote:
> 2005/8/25, Martin Quinson <martin.quinson@loria.fr>:
> > I have another question, Denis. How are translations stored on disk? What's
> > stored in the postgres DB you said you need?
>
> Everything is stored in postgres. Po files are generated from postgres
> acording to input .pot file.
> The same goes for Openoffice and mozilla. Messages are stored in sql
> tables and there are input and output methods to import/export
> messages from database.

Ouch. I personally am not a DB guy at all. I prefer clear text storages
where possible. And in my opinion, it's always possible :)

But that's not such a big deal. It mainly mean that I won't be able to do it
alone, maybe not even to lead the project. But it doesn't mean that
transdict should be discarded here.

Are you willing to help us basing our l10n coordination effort on transdict?

Bye, Mt.