Re: comments/string changes and issues with dpkg's messages

Quoting Denis Barbier (barbier@linuxfr.org):
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 09:00:04PM +0100, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> > Yes, because god forbid a developer should be able to understand what's
> > going on when a user files a bug report.
>
> These ohshite messages tell nothing to end users, so they are mostly
> useful for dpkg developers to deal with bugreports, which is why they
> should not be translatable.

...which I mostly agree, yes, and would probably make the dpkgPO file
less frightening to translators..:-)

Scott, the above was obiously humor but it then confuses my mind..:-)
Do you actually agree with the messages better being *not*
translatable or do you prefer keeping the current situation?