Re: tyransdict or pootle? Let's wait

On 8/26/05, Yavor Doganov <yavor@doganov.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 10:24:00 +0300, Eddy Petrişor wrote:
> > On 8/25/05, MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> wrote:
>
> >> Is Rosetta free software yet? If not, it shouldn't be a competitor.
> >
> > But with that set of features, and the "forcasted" freedom, I think it
> > can be called a competitor.
>
> Features are irrelevant when we're talking about freedom.  And there is no
> guarantee at all that this piece of software will become free.

First of all its feature set should e considered as a source of
inspiration for developers of other translation tools (especially web
based) and it was proposed here as such IIRC.

And second, it could very well be that a seriose interest from Debian
in Rosetta can greatly accelerate the process of its release.

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius@debian.org