Re: pootle.debian.org, someone?

On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 03:32:55AM +0400, Aiet Kolkhi wrote:
> Hello Martin,
>
> I think it would be a great idea to create pootle.debian.org
>
> OpenOffice.org has just purchased a server dedicated to online
> translation tools, having chosen Pootle as the translation editor.
>
> I think David Fraser, the developer of Pootle, would be kind enough to
> help us with the installation.  I am ccing this message to him.
>
> The only thing we would need is a server, with python.  We can ask
> further requirements to Pootle developers, I guess.
>
> I must note that there is another online translation tool, called
> Rosetta.  It was released by Ubuntu folks and is also aimed at
> providing online translation support to community.
>
> As Rosetta is a new tool and it is not open source yet, and having
> very good experience with Pootle, I guess it would be a good idea if
> we chose Pootle as the online l10n tool.

As discussed previously, I do think that Rosetta is not an option here since
the debian social contract says that we will never make debian depend on
non-free software for its development. At least, that's my understanding of
the thing.

That's why I was asking whether anybody volunteers to actually maintain a
pootle.debian.org ...

Thanks, Mt.