Questions about SVN/CVS and i18n

Me again. :)

I thought I might not be the only person a bit confused about these things, so it would be worth posting it to the list, where it will entertain and inform.

Thanks to Christian and Frans, I have finally got SVN working, which is terrific! However, I'm a bit confused about a couple of things related to the status pages.

For example, on the Level 2 packages-list page today:

http://people.debian.org/~seppy/d-i/level2/packages-list

it says:
______________________________
Fri Aug 19 06:15:10 UTC 2005
From unstable:
newt (0.51.6-29) unstable; urgency=low
shadow (1:4.0.3-40) UNRELEASED; urgency=low

From CVS/SVN:
shadow/debian
base-config
tasksel
iso-codes
console-data
exim4
_________

and I take this to mean: these files need updating. I couldn't update them before, because they weren't the stable branch (?). I don't really know.

Anyway, I looked on this page of SVN/CVS checkout commands (very useful, thanks to the people who put the time and effort in for this):

http://people.debian.org/~seppy/d-i/checkouts.html

and newt, shadow, and shadow/debian, at least, are not listed. How do we get and update those files?

I had already checked out the tasksel dir, to update tasksel/tasks, but when I opened the tasksel po file, it did not need updating. Am I looking in the wrong place?

I know iso-codes is up-to-date, because I updated it recently.

Thanks for any help you can offer with this.

I'll work on the end of the debconf files meanwhile. :)