Re: docbook and Arabic/Persian

On 8/16/05, Martin Quinson <martin.quinson@loria.fr> wrote:
On Sun, Aug 14, 2005 at 12:20:10PM +0430, Arash Bijanzadeh wrote:
> Hi all,
> I want to know if there is any affair regarding Persian/Arabic support in
> docbook and/or debiandoc tools? I tryed it for our language and it did not
> work.

Could you please elaborate?

What didn't work? Did the binary segfault or such? Did it produce a document
with garbage encoding? Did it just refuse to process the document?

Or maybe are you meaning that you didn't find something fiting you needs? If
yes, what are yes?

That being said, I'm not sure I'll be able to help you, unfortunately. But
I'm quite sure the people at http://www.arabeyes.org/ could help you with
this.

Thanks Martin. I am missing two features : first  how to mention the default encoding for the document and second something to make document "Right To Left".
Beside these; the most missing feature is PDF export wich seems there is no support for that right now.
I could not find anything usefull in arabeyes. There is some Arabic documents and samples but unfortunatily I could not reach the guy who wrote those.

Bye, Mt.

--
from debian manifesto:
Debian Linux is a brand-new kind of Linux distribution.