Re: Information, not hints (was: Re: [D-I] Hints for timezone names translations in D-I

> Could you please give us some examples, next time? We had quite a bit
> of information _about_ the localities, but very little on how to
> format our translations. Coming up to what is evidently going to be
> my _third_ try at those translations, I'd like to make sure I'm doing
> it correctly.

As said already, as long as we don't have "live" experiences of how
exactly the screen about timezones will show and and will be used, we
are not certain of everything.

I have chosen to drop the continent/country part in the French
translations actually. This because the screen will be shown only with
timezones of the country you have formerly chosen in the installer.

So, if people choose Brasil as country, they will be prompted with all
Brasil timezones. Hence there is no point in keeping America/Brasil/
in the choices. Getting a list of brisilian timezones with only the
timezone names will be enough.

I still have a doubt, though, because I don't know what happens in
case people use the "Other choice" choice in the list. I suppose they
will get the full world timezones list but I am unsure of this.

tzsetup and clock-setup are brand new things in d-i. I still didn't
manage to get time to test them and make my mind about the Right Way
to translate.

So, please be ready to have to adapt your work again.....I, as French
translator, am ready to it..:-)

If unsure or don't want to "waste" time, just leave the translations
as is and wait for more input....or just test D-I to get an idea.. (as
soon as daily builds will be available again, which I'm not sure they
are now)