Re: 10 more languages added to the Debian Installer packages

Quoting Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com):
> [David Moreno Garza]
> > Can you, please, tell something more about this? I'm quite
> > interested and curious about this specific topic.
>
> To avoid having a special language selection udeb for debian-edu, the
> language choice is kept in the normal language choice udeb.  This
> language choice do not only affect d-i for debian-edu, but also
> default KDE and gnome language, dictionaries and other settings, so it
> is important for the debian-edu project to make Nothern Sami an option
> during installation.

And, after Petter raised this topic when I commented Northern Sami in
the language selection screen because of missing translation, I
decided to revert the change and make this special case.

One could be surprised to see a language with no translation supported
in localechooser : after all, why not ask this for all other
languages?

In fact, this is a kind of "hat off" to Debian Edu and Skolelinux for
their commitment to keep in sync with the D-I development and the
input to D-I development in its early ages. I will probably not make
any other exception : languages listed in localechooser *must* have a
working d-i translation, at least for default installs in 1st stage.