Re: 10 more languages added to the Debian Installer packages

[David Moreno Garza]
> Can you, please, tell something more about this? I'm quite
> interested and curious about this specific topic.

To avoid having a special language selection udeb for debian-edu, the
language choice is kept in the normal language choice udeb.  This
language choice do not only affect d-i for debian-edu, but also
default KDE and gnome language, dictionaries and other settings, so it
is important for the debian-edu project to make Nothern Sami an option
during installation.

We lack translators for the language, so the effort so far has been on
end users applications which will be used more often (kde/koffice so
far), and the debian-installer translation has been falling behind for
a long time.