Re: Aptitude with UTF-8 support in experimental : please test

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 06:54:31AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Daniel Burrows uploaded a new version of aptitude, which includes a
> far better support for UTF-8 display. This version should already
> allow aptitude to work with languages requiring UTF-8 display, such as
> Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Greek, etc.
>
> Please test this version as much as possible. You have to point your
> sources.list to experimental:
>
> deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ experimental main non-free contrib
>
> (do this temporarily, or use appropriate APT options to still have
> your usual distribution as preferred version)
>
> Translators will be contacted by Ruben Porras as help files still need
> some care and we need to know about their encoding. Ruben is now in
> charge of aptitude i18n/l10n tasks in support of Daniel .
>
> Translation updates are also needed : see the D-I translation status
> pages ("seppy" pages).

Here is a bug in this experimental aptitude when it was running in
zh_CN or zh_CN.UTF-8 locale.

When I click on the last character of 软件包(Package) in the first row,
aptitude will pop up 选项(Options) menu. Similarly, if I click on the
right half of 动作(Action) item, it will show me the 撤销(Undo) menu.
Quite strange. See http://flickr.com/photos/carlosliu/23730714/

Oh, another bug was probably not aptitude's fault. Daniel Burrows
blogged it already.
http://lambdaman.blogspot.com/2005/07/utf-8-success-sort-of.html

--
 Best Regards,