Re: Identical debconf files (php4)

Thanks to both of you for your replies.

On 05/07/2005, at 1:38 AM, Christian Perrier wrote:

So be warned, almost the same happens for zope-*, but there are at
least two variants and you have to do some search'n'replace (changing
product names).

Something not to anticipate. :(

In the case of zope, at least the maintainer, Fabio Tranchitella, is
aware of the issue and promised to try working on some kind of common
templates package, IIRC.

Good to hear. :)

For PHP4 things, I'm not really sure that something is really on its
way.

:(

Clytie, you also probably went on the recurrent things which configure
databases and ask always the same kind of questions. Here, an ongoing
effort if being done to produce a dbconfig-common package which will
provide the templates for all similar packages.

There are a lot of database-packages which ask similar questions, sometimes the same question pops up in several files, but in this case, those ten files were _absolutely identical_, bar the filename. That's why I mentioned it: it seems inefficient, certainly from the translator point of view.

But don't dream : as usual in Debian, enforcing the use of such things
takes a very long time...usually one or two release cycles.

Imagine that we are still stucked with a few packages NOT EVEN USING
po-debconf.

:(

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc