Re: Help needed with DDTP strcture

On 6/17/05, Martin Quinson <martin.quinson@loria.fr> wrote:
> >     martin> Juste a stupid idea: I know Christian is dreaming of
> >     martin> setting up a pootle server on debian machines to ease
> >     martin> translation works. What about using pootle for the
> >     martin> interface?

Why more division in the translation effort? Why can't it be _only_
_ONE_ central place where people can do their work/get info?

> Well. We are seeking for a volunter to package it, actually. Christian keeps
> proposing my name, and I keep eluding the question. If you want to fill an
> ITP, you're welcome.

Well he could fill a RFP :-)

> IMHO, the tricky part will be to interface it with all the code pieces we
> have here and there (dl10n, amongst others), and the new ones we will
> develop to fully leverage the beast.

Do you want to extend pootle with the l10n pieces and tools in Debian?
Contribute back to Pootle?

> We may eventually actually implement the dreams of a system automatically
> extraction all the translatable material from uploaded packages, and doing

The itch is soooo bad that is impossible to think that nobody will not
scratch it.

> But that's a bit early to discuss it, actually. Let's find someone accepting
> to install it on debian server (and an host for it), let's Christian, Seppy

There are some retired machines [1] that should be available to use.

[1] http://db.debian.org/machines

--
Regards,
EddyP