Re: Comments

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 08:25:46AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > Where are we supposed to put our comments (not developer comments,
> > translator comments to each other)?
>
> I never really try to check whether po-debconf discard existing
> comments or not.

Translators can add any comment into PO files, po-debconf won't touch
them.

There is an exception though, po-debconf may rewrite the first comment,
before the header entry, as explained in http://bugs.debian.org/251643
This was a very bad design choice in po-debconf, and will be fixed soon.
In practice, there is no problem because translators usually do not
delete lines and the first comment is then unmodified by po-debconf.

Denis