Re: Comments

On 16/06/2005, at 3:55 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:

Where are we supposed to put our comments (not developer comments,
translator comments to each other)?

I never really try to check whether po-debconf discard existing
comments or not.

Denis?

(CC'ed to get attention on the thread in case you read -i18n a bit quickly)'t

I enquired about the whole comments thing on the TP list, since there's a lot of experience about gettext there, and Taco Witte most helpfully pointed out that we might be at cross-purposes here, resulting in our current state of confusion (certainly for me).

Although I strongly recommend that developers do insert comments, so that the translator may see them when translating (these are _developer comments_), what I have been discussing for the past few emails are _translator comments_, the comments translators insert to talk to each other, and to leave notes about difficult strings.

I thought you were saying we should not do that, which confused me no end. I really don't mind how the developers insert their comments, as long as they end up with the strings, but the .po file is undoubtedly the easiest and most efficient way for us to insert comments, _translator comments_ by translators, for translators, peace, justice and the i18n way (and chocolate).

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc