Re: Comments

On 16/06/2005, at 2:56 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:

Confused. We edit the POT file to create a .po file (only changes are
headers). Then we input translations. Normally, in a gettext .po
file, you input translator comments as well, in the .po file. Are you
saying not to do that?

Yes. For debconf stuff, this is not the way to proceed, from the
package maintainer point of view.

Doesn't this defeat a good deal of the purpose of gettext? The .po file, the portable object, is supposed to carry the information, and to be configurable in transit. gettext makes it possible for translators to input comments as they work.

Where are we supposed to put our comments (not developer comments, translator comments to each other)?

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc