Re: Comments (was: About dpkg translation, please consider i18n when choosing words

On 15/06/2005, at 3:19 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:

Christian, read the quote above: "In the case of the translator..."
Surely we can still input comments?

Yes, sure. But don't tell them to put them in the POT files. They have
to put them in the "templates" file, commented by a "#"

Confused. We edit the POT file to create a .po file (only changes are headers). Then we input translations. Normally, in a gettext .po file, you input translator comments as well, in the .po file. Are you saying not to do that?

And, apologies for my yelling. Bad behaviour.

Accepted. Really inappropriate in my culture, and nearly scared me off. Apology helps. Recovering.

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc