Re: "breakout"?

Thanks for the quick reply, Christian. :)

On 13/06/2005, at 5:00 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:

I don't understand the term "breakout", as used here:

""Rebuilding the blacklist databases is time consuming and under some " "circumstances could cause problems. With the breakout of individual "
"blacklist section packages the time it takes for each package to
rebuild "
"will be extensive."

My understanding, without the context (which package?)

Sorry: I thought the whole string would be enough context. I'll include the package name next time. This package is entertainingly named "chastity-list". :D

Mind you, I'm not current on that: my eldest child is twenty-five.

is that there
are some lists which are split from one big list to several small
lists.

That does make sense, thanks.

But, in doubt, you may alkso ask the package maintainer: just mail
<package>@packages.debian.org where <package> is the source package
which debconf templates you're working on.

I'll go with your explanation, which fits the situation. I'll also remember about contacting the maintainer, although I think posting queries here has some validity: we all run into awkward strings sometimes, and we should feel comfortable to discuss them here, I think. ;)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc