Re: [D-I] The impact of a new language on Debian Installer

On 30/04/2005, at 4:51 PM, Christian Perrier wrote (in conclusion):

So, funnily, the difference seems to decrease with the progress of the
various steps...:). Joey probably had a good explanation for that, but
indeed it seems to me that the major impact is on initrd sizes but it
is still quite manageable.

That's good news! :)

It's a remarkable achievement to be able to package so many languages into one installer, effectively, like that. I look forward to being able to install Debian in Vietnamese on some innocent box somewhere. (Pearl, my iBook, is not partitioned for multi-boot. I always had a mklinux partition before OSX, but really don't need it now.)

from Clytie (vi-VN, team/nhóm Gnome-vi)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc