Re: D-I progress

Christian Perrier a écrit :

Well, given that the installer build process gathers together packages
which have been uploaded to the archive, this is in fact nearly
impossible.
You mean "nearly impossible in the standard building process", isn't it?
It means one should run an entirely independant process to do this...
Since it's not for official production, but only for testing/encouraging,
I may put an old computer online dedicated to this task if needed.
But I will need some hints to do the trick (move some languages in
and out) properly then... ;-)

I'm currently trying to build a netboot image which includes
Vietnamese. For that, I had to recompile ALL packages from the initrd
which have localization, that is 33 packages....
Yep, I did this way this last time too... :-)

The purpose here is to compare the size of the initrd with the size of
the initrd *without* Vietnamese translations and thus have a real idea
of the impact of one more language.
Without taking in account the eventuality of adding a vietnamese input system...

--
Jean Christophe "プログフ" ANDRÉ — http://asie-pacifique.auf.org/
Responsable technique régional — Associé technologie projet Reflets (CODA)