Re: apt questions :)

Quoting Clytie Siddall (clytie@riverland.net.au):

>reference:	⑤	cmdline/apt-cache.cc:285
> >Original:	?0	Total Provides Mappings:
> >
> >.po:14
> >reference:	⑤	cmdline/apt-cache.cc:297
> >Original:	?0	Total Globbed Strings:
>
> Does "Total provides mappings" mean "the total number of mappings
> depending on other provisions?"

I recommend you to not translate "Provides" which is a field in Debian
packages control files.

Indeed, apt and dpkg are probably the packages which need the highest
knowledge of Debian internals, and especially Debian packaging
jargon.

So, in short, good luck, translations them is a very very complcated
task...and there are not translators comments (would be nice but,
well, just look at the number of strings....).