Re: Improving the translation of questions with choices (Was: a couple of aptitude queries :))

On 25/04/2005, at 9:34 PM, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:

Wouldn't it be better, if the strings _showing_ the choices
were excluded from the .pot msgids?  That way there wouldn't
be so much doubt - and less risk of errors - when
translating.

I agree entirely, Jacob. It's confusing, and if handled incorrectly due to our lack of information, can disadvantage the user.

I'd also like literal strings, e.g. strings which are entirely a variable, or variables, excluded. Much less chance of error that way.

Then again, I don't have to do the excluding... :)

from Clytie (vi-VN, team/nhóm Gnome-vi)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc