Re: xlibs-data: Help needed with CJK issues (subversive reply)

On 25/04/2005, at 6:32 AM, Denis Barbier wrote:

In the SVN repository, I just reverted zh_TW.UTF-8/XLC_LOCALE to the
previous version, with the following changelog entry.
Please let me know if this description is inaccurate:
* Revert XLC_LOCALE/zh_TW.UTF-8 to the version shipped in 4.3.0.dfsg.1-6. Tetralet explained that Chinese users are likely to have the unifont package installed because it is part of Chinese tasks, and this font covers all needed glyphs. With this font, having ISO10646 listed first in this file is harmless, whereas GTK1.2 apps are unreadable when it is
    at the bottom of this file.  (Closes: #296719)

Japanese users, please speak up if ja_JP.UTF-8/XLC_LOCALE has also to be
fixed, I am still reluctant to make changes in this file.  Likewise for
ko_KR.UTF-8 and zh_CN.UTF-8.

Those of us in this cultural family, who had the sense a hundred years ago to switch to a Latin alphabet, chortle evilly in the background...

from Clytie (vi-VN, team/nhóm Gnome-vi)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc