Re: a couple of aptitude queries + 1 :)

> So the contact address for the package from which each .po file is
> extracted (see the elegant syntax :) ) is:
>
> filename@packages.debian.org

Yep. However, this has to be used with care. If a package deserves a
bug report, then you'd better file a bug report, and using that
address is not the Right Way to do so. See the D-I i18n documentation
about the proper way to report bugs....or indeed the Debian BTS
documentation at http://bugs.debian.org

<package>@packages.debian.org is more a convenient way to talk to a
given package maintainer(s) when the topic is not exactly a bug....

> ? If so, good system, and a great help to translators. I'm so used to
> developers ignoring the Report-Msgid-Bugs-To header, that I didn't even
> notice it was there (oops).

Well, it is not always properly filled, indeed. In aptitude, it has
submit@bugs.debian.org which is not really useful as bug submission
needs a specially formatted mail to go to the right package maintainer.

> >Daniel, Clytie, is the currently hardworking Vietnamese translator and
> >it seems that she's currently fighting with the huge aptitude PO
> >file...:-)
>
> It will be interesting to see who wins. :)

Who could really defeat Australian people?