Re: xlibs-data: Help needed with CJK issues

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 06:59:10PM +0800, Tetralet wrote:
> The "unifont" package will be installed by default in Sarge.

No it won't.

As Denis has said, unifont is installed by Chinese desktop task.
Although d-i uses jfbterm and unifont, they are not INSTALLED by default
for a sarge system.  At least not on my sarge box installed with English
d-i.

There is one thing to consider, though.  Japanese environment (not the
desktop) task depends on jfbterm, and jfbterm depends on (unifont |
xfont-base).  The Japanese desktop task doesn't depends on jfbterm or
unifont, however.  So there is still good chances for a Japanese desktop
to have unifont installed, isn't there?  (I must admit I've never tested
Japanese d-i, so this is just speculation.)

Ming
2005.04.22