Re: report typos in .po file?

Quoting Clytie Siddall (clytie@riverland.net.au):

> >gui/gdmsetup.c:146
> >"An error occured while trying to contact the login screens.  Not all
> >updates
> >may have taken effect."
> (occurred)

Hmmmm, where does this come from? There's no such string in Debian
Installer. This looks like a string from GDM....Didn't you confuse
that with your work on Gnome?

> >../base-installer.templates:93
> >"An error was returned while trying to install the initrd-tools
> >package  onto
> >the target system."
> (double space)

Ah...very usual stuff. I report the bug against the base-installer
package.

The hard thing here is that we try to avoid getting the translations
fuzzy just for that..:-)

> >../load-iso.templates:4
> >"Load installer components from an installer ISO"
> (unfinished: assuming "installer ISO image")

No, that's because of size constraints. Such strings have to remain
below a 65 characters limit and we try to keep in mind that
translations usually are longer than English, so we try to keep such
strings quite terse in English.

So, yes, you're technically right, this is an ISO image, but this is a
compromise..:)