Re: ddtp.d.o is not alive

Quoting Clytie Siddall (clytie@riverland.net.au):

> Thanks, Miroslav. Sounds like a useful project (rather like fink
> descriptions?): I'll help if I can. Does the display handle utf-8?

The display is likely to be handled by several programs as Debian
packages descriptions are used by many programs which deal with
packages (for instance, the various frontends such as synaptic and/or
aptitude).

So, well, this mostly depends on these programs abilities to handle
UTF-8 output as well as the user environment's ability to handle the output.

> from Clytie (vi-VN, team/nhóm Gnome-vi)
>
> Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia
>
> Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc

At least, it seems that when I quote you, the vietnamese characters
are not broken...:-)

BUt this however shows me that handling Vietnamese output in Debian
installer will be very tricky...

Something I forgot : could you send me, in private, a UTF-8 encoded
file with ALL characters needed to properly display Vietnamese. This
is one of the steps needed to achieve a right handling of a given
language in d-i....

You need to put there all variants of a given character. For instance,
of the "O" character may be combined with several diacritics such as
"^" to give "Ô"...then the file must contain both "O" and "Ô"...and so
on...