Re: Packages not using po-debconf - more active actions to come

On 02/14/05 19:04, Christian Perrier wrote:
(plz followup to -i18n)

I have not yet looked over the BTS for giving the bug numbers for "Please
switch to po-debconf" bug reports. This is still work to do.

I can start with this if you want. Do you thing it would be useful to set up some kind of coodiration page, repository, script, or something like that?

Sure, that'd be very helpful. You've won that task! Maybe wait for
Martin Quinson input : he may have kept a record of the bugs he reported.

So, first collecting the bug numbers for "switch to po-debconf" would
be a great help. For a status page, there is already some material
about which packages use debconf (not po-debconf) :

for building the status pages at
http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/templates/, Denis Barbier collects
data in ~barbier/l10n/material/templates/ on gluck. This can probably
be reused for stats purpose and "knowing" which package has been fixed
for instance.

Ok. I merged Martin's info and checked his scripts. I also added a
couple of goodies like wnpp, popcon status and a mail robot to
manipulate data. You can see the final result in the same location as
before[1]. Feedback would be appreciated.

There are still several packages that don't have a bug (or I didn't see
it). I guess the next step would be to check those packages and submit
the appropriate bug reports.

K.

[1] http://people.debian.org/~lwall/i18n/

--
Lucas Wall <kthulhu@kadath.com.ar>      .''`.
Buenos Aires, Argentina                : :ø :   Debian GNU/Linux