Re: Announce of the upcoming NMU for the etherconf package
Luk Claes wrote:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Dear maintainer of xtell and Debian translators,
The deadline for receiving updates and new translations is fixed to
5 feb 2005.
Please fix this! Later says "14 feb 2005: deadline for receiving
Of course, if in the meantime the maintainer objects to this process,
I will stop it and send him/her all updates I have received.
Otherwise, the following will happen (or already have):
- - 4 feb 2005: send the first intent to NMU notice to
~ the package maintainer
- -11 feb 2005: this announcement
- -14 feb 2005: deadline for receiving translation updates
- -16 feb 2005: build the package and upload it to DELAYED/2-day
~ send the NMU patch to the BTS
- -18 feb 2005: NMU uploaded to incoming
- -19 feb 2005: NMU enters unstable
As you may see, the NMUed package will be built and then uploaded to
DELAYED/2-day, giving the maintainer two more days for reacting to the
I will then subscribe to the package PTS and follow its life for 60
days after my NMU in order to fix any issue potentially introduced by
Of course the NMU patch will also be sent to the BTS.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.0 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
I had a favourite quote, but I forgot it. And it was insightful.