Re: How to handle translations within debian (was: a rant)

Selon Peter Samuelson <peter@p12n.org>:

> > Selon Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de>:
> > > I don't want anything more than plain english to take up space on
> > > my systems.
>
> [martin.quinson@free.fr]
> > I'm also concerned about all the locales I don't use.
> >
> > I feel that we need some support from dpkg to do so.
>
> Quick, somebody tell these folks about localepurge, née
> apt-localepurge.

>From the localepurge package description:

 Please note, that this tool is a hack which is *not* integrated with
 Debian's package management system and therefore is not for the faint
 of heart.  Responsibility for it's usage and possible breakage of your
 system therefore lies in the sysadmin's (your) hands.
 Please definitely do abstain from reporting any bugs blaming localepurge
 if you break your system by using it. If you don't know what you are
 doing and can't handle any resulting breakage on your own then please
 simply don't use this package.

It must be a smarter solution.

Mt.