Re: [RANT] French translation for debconf templates stucked at 90% : analysis

Quoting martin.quinson@free.fr (martin.quinson@free.fr):

> But this ratio was only about the new gettext based translations. So, I decided
> to provide patches to packagers still providing debconf-utils based debconf
> packages. For memory, this is deprecated since version 1.2.28 of debconf,
> released on Sat, 22 Feb 2003 14:23:16 -0500.
>
> So, I started submitting patches to those packages. When I begun (2 Feb 2004),
> there was 246 such packages, 57 of them having a reported bug about that. Now,
> "only" 133 packages use debconf without po-debconf, and there is 91 openned bug
> repports (I was waiting to find the time to prepare the 44 missing patches
> before launching the "discution", but Christian was quicker...)

Well, of course, I'm aware of this, but it seems that now the packages
which switch to po-debconf are very few compared to what happened in
mid-2003 when Michel and I started the work, and early 2004 when
yourself continued it.

And, despite this, we currently do *not* move from 90% for months. I
monitor changes nearly daily and what keeps us at this ratio are
mostly changes to existing translations....and new packages adopting
po-debconf.

Hence the rant....:-)