Re: Status of the shadow package

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 11:46:33PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:

> > Drawbacks I see at the moment (Christian will most probably see thousands
> > more ;)):
> Another point that needs to be considered is version control between releases:
> the stable distribution needs different translations from testing and
> unstable.

My idea of the whole includes that big database of strings, which will
include the extracted strings from packages' .pot-files. That also means,
that we can extract the strings from each distribution - if they are equal
- good, translators won't have much work. If they are different, the
strings are then added to the database and can get translated. Any greater
problem I'm missing? ;)

--
Nikolai Prokoschenko
nikolai@prokoschenko.de / Jabber: pronik@jabber.org