Re: [l10n] pcmcia-cs package needs debconf translations

Hm, you should have CC'd me your reply as I'm not subscribed to the
lists, but I found it in the archive :)

> There are TWO question by the pcmcia-cs when installing a base
> system with Debian installer beta3.

In the actual installer? Not in the base installation afterwards?

> The first one asks whether PCMCIA should be stopped during upgrades
> with a default to TRUE.
>
> This is IMHO a safe default (for users doing high priority
> installations)

Is it unsafe to not stop it? Am I overlooking something?

I've always found it irritating when PCMCIA been stopped when I've
done upgrades. It's probably worse if you have a dial-up connection
through a PCMCIA card, and even more so if you upgrade your system
remotely. But of course, if it's unsafe to not stop PCMCIA during
upgrades, we shouldn't make it the default.

> The second one asks whether PCMCIA should be actived after being
> installed (default=TRUE)
>
> There also, the default is safe so I think the priority can be lowered
> to medium.

It's not entirely safe. Some laptops will freeze if you start cardmgr
without having configured its resource ranges correctly first. But if
you set the previous option to true, you'd have to set this to true as
well or PCMCIA won't be started again after upgrades.

--
Pelle