Re: Nice changes to po-debconf translation status pages

[Cutting down dlf from CC]

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 12:03:31PM +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 10:09:52AM +0200, Martin Quinson wrote:
> >
> > Do you guys have other ideas of what could be usefull on those pages ?
> >

> It would be great if, besides sorting on section (main, nonfree, contrib)
> it could sort by package priority. For translation teams it might make more
> sense to focus first with packages of priority 'important' and 'standard'
> and make 'extra' a target for the second review (since there is a high
> change that more users will benefit from the translation of the base
> packages than other, more obscure, ones).

The main issue is comming out with a good layout. I can't find of any
solution beside spliting the pages. Pages are already kind of hard to
navigate through, so I guess we have to think about it before making it even
harder.

I think about changing
http://www.debian.org/international/l10n/{po,templates,po-debconf}/{rank,}
to tables containing all details per section and per priority, and spliting
all per language page into ... i don't even know how to split them yet.

One may want to split them between translated/underway/untranslated, or
between main/nonfree/contrib or between important/standard/... or even
between translating teams for po ones, to isolate the debian specific stuff
from the gnome and kde ones.

I dunno.

> Just my 2c, in any case, thanks for your great work!

Thanks for your support, Mt.

--
The unavoidable price of reliability is simplicity.
    --Hoare