Re: Nice changes to po-debconf translation status pages

Quoting Kenshi Muto (kmuto@debian.org):

> By the way my hang-up about translating debconf messages is mainly
> from not-yet-getttextized (they can simply convert by
> debconf-gettextize though), old-debconf-style (they have templates.*)
> or multi-languages-into-one-file (like console-common, pcmcia-cs, ...)
> package. Sigh.

The systematic campaign for switching to po-debconf is still on its
way.

The french team currently makes systematic bug reports for packages
which use old-style debconf templates.

We first started with packages having a full or partial french
translation.

Then, one of us (Michel Grentzinger) started his work by letter "z"
and then going "up" in the alphabet (he has reached letter"p") while I
started at "a" and am going "down" (currently at letter "d").

So, if some other contributors want to help, you just may start in the
middle of the alphabet...just let us know.

Andre Luis Lopes has made numerous BR for po-debconf switch (often
including brazilian translations). We try to avoid conflicting with
those when we can.

It will be very hard to have 100% bug reports for po-debconf switch
for sarge release. Mainly because we don't do only BR, but provide a
patch and often suggest some enhancements or corrections to the original
english templates.

So, any help is welcome. A good knowledge of debconf/po-debconf as
well as Debian packaging is required.... A good knowledge of english
also, probably.. :-)