Re: i18n of tasksel (and cdebconf)

[Tomohiro KUBOTA]
> BTW, I tested (on UTF-8 terminal):
>   LANGUAGE=ja LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 dpkg-reconfigure -ftext ssh
>   LANGUAGE=ja LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 dpkg-reconfigure -fncurses ssh
>   LANGUAGE=ja LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 dpkg-reconfigure -fslang ssh
>   LANGUAGE=ja LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 dpkg-reconfigure -fnewt ssh
> but all of them displayed "text" frontend (I guess).

Hm, perhaps the cdebconf version of dpkg-reconfigure is unable to
handle the -f option?  I have never tried this myself.

> How about the Stage 2 ?  Any internationalized terminals?  Is the
> selected language in the Stage 1 also living in the Stage 2 ?  Is
> tasksel used?

The selected language is passed into stage 2, and the required locale
should be generated, and the needed terminal emulator / configuration
should be enabled by /usr/bin/termwrap.  I've tested it for a few
languages using UTF-8 and ISO-8859-{1,15}, but not for Japanese.