Re: Conference at debconf on i18n/l10n: ideas? suggestions?

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 11:21:21PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 06:44:01PM +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I'm going to give a talk at debconf regarding i18n/l10n projects "early" in
> > the morning sunday [1]. I wanted to know if people at -i18n feel that the
> > following issues which I wanted to talk about cover sufficiently l10n/i18n
> > in Debian (sorry if it's not fully understandable, it's a draft atm):
> [...]
>
> Hi Javier,
>
> this list is impressive, do you think you will have time for so many issues?

No :-)
However, I just might be able to make a proper (DDP?) document regarding
these issues and, maybe, integrate it into Tomohiro KUBOTA's intro-i18n
document (although it's not that Debian-specific...)

> On debian-l10n-french, we are wondering just now how to have developers
> switch to po-debconf.  IMO (which is of course biased ;)) this helps
> translators a lot; could you advertise it so that your audience understands
> that switching to po-debconf is a good thing?

Ok will add a note somewhere. I have not yet finished the slides.

Regards

Javi