Re: Starting a new language

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 03:17:53PM +0000, maiguel@subdimension.com wrote:
> I would like to know if there is already an effort to start the
> translations to portuguese (pt_PT -- portugal) in the DDTP. I would
> like to participate but, although I been using debian for a long time
> now, I'm affraid that I have no experience to start the coordination
> of a project.
>
> If there is no coordinator (or a candidate...) to the pt_PT
> translations, I would like to know more about the daily tasks a
> coordinator has to do and, eventually, to volunteer to the job.

we have only pt_BR now. And I don't know any effort.

How differnence is pt_BT and pt_PT. It is usefull to fill the pt_PT db
with the pt_BR translations interacted, and you make only a review
process and make some changes (and convert pt_BR to pt_PT)?

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
"I predict that Linux will kick major butt" -- Sean Gallager, Information Week