Re: Asking for a new pseudo package in the BTS: l10n-french

[Obscene CC list eliminated]

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 08:51:45AM +0100, Martin Quinson wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 08:49:15PM -0600, Adam Heath wrote:

> > > I like the idea. Translators also need to fix their bugs, and there's
> > > currently no centralized (not even a sane =P) way to report bugs on
> > > translations.
> > >
> > > I would ask for the creation of l10n-pt_BR if brazilian people would
> > > start trying to report that kind of bugs.
> > >
> > > No, mailing lists are not enough for that, it is not an efficient medium
> > > for archiving and stuff.
> >
> > I'm not convinced.  Everything you say can be done perfectly well thru mailing
> > lists.
>
> Adam, please, let the translators work. Stop giving useless advices on
> something you don't understand.

Right back at you.

That mail contained nothing but an unsubstantiated flame, roughly
equivalent to "I'm right, you're wrong, now do what I say". Did you
really expect it to persuade people to do stuff?

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-             -><-          | London, UK