Re: BiDi and RTL

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad@bamdad.org> wrote:

> The current fribidi library is about 64kb.  I guess the next
> version with arabic shaping will be something about 75kb.

Thanks a lot for the data point!
I'm not sure what this means for d-i though. Tolleg?

> > To work against freebidi, I think the sanest thing is to
> > a) generate a freebidi udeb
>
> ASAIK fribidi already has a udeb (is udeb the debian package? or
> I'm too wrong?).

Yes ;)
"deb" is a regular Debian package. A "udeb" (pronounced micro-deb, where
the "u" is really the greek letter mu) is a certain strange deb, which
is meant to be used only for the installer. Most stuff does not need
a udeb -- only things relevant for the installer. As freebidi might
become.