Re: Requirements for a system with translated package descriptions...

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 07:14:41PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 06:18:52PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 12:32:12PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> > > Hello all
> > [...]
> > > No I write some requirements in the attachement. Maybe you have time
> > > and send some comments or add some new points.
> > >
> > > After this discussion I will send this to dpkg@lists.d.o. Maybe they
> > > find a technical solution for ours requirements...
> >
> > please put your proposition somewhere on the Net, so that you can refer to it.
> > Your positions during previous discussions were evolving, so it was sometimes
> > hard to understand what you were talking about.  Because of that some people
> > made wrong assumptions you had to fight against.
> > Having a place where you put (and update) what you have in mind will help
> > to focus on solving problems instead of flaming.
>
> I don't see any flaming now.

Yes, and that's good. But before any flame appear, please put the proposal
online. Last time we've made a proposal, it was hard to follow what we were
proposing since it's a moving target, and it resulted in a useless flamewar.
To avoid it this time, it would be *really* good to put a up-to-date
document somewhere...

Even if the choice of this or this library will be done by dpkg maintainers,
it is a good thing that we discuss here of the advantages and disadvantages
of each solution, IMHO.

Thanks for your work, Mt.

--
Un clavier azerty en vaut deux.