Re: slang, boot-floppies, and wide character support

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 03:08:13AM +0900, Taketoshi Sano wrote:
> Hi, David.
>
>   David Whedon <dwhedon@gordian.com> wrote:
>
> > > Exactly. Please upload it for us, David.
> > > I'll concentrate on slang/newt-utf8.
> >
> > uploaded.
>
> Thanks!  Since Enrique said that he will upload the newt packages
> with utf-8 support, the rest is just one: slang1 with utf-8 support.
>
> I hope the maintainer of slang1, Jim Mintha, will provide it for us
> as well as Enrique will do with newt.  But if it can not be done,
> we'll need something to use.  So I'll prepare to work on slang1-utf8.

I have been following the discussions.  I more than willing to help
out, by adding the patch, etc.  My only problem is a complete lack of
knowledge about utf stuff so I will probably need a bit of help with
the testing of the package.

I'll try to get it done tonight.

Jim

--
Jim Mintha                                       Email: jim@ic.uva.nl
System Administrator                              Work: +31 20 525-4919